San Diego is kind of like Summer year around. However, the actual Summer season offers more fun, great deals and (if it’s even possible) better weather.
- Outdoor concerts: If you’re a country lover, then the Summer season is just the time of year for you. KSON always hosts a series of outdoor concerts located at Mattress Firm Amphitheater in Chula Vista. This year Chris Stapleton, Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley, Sam Hunt and many more are going to make appearances. So grab a blanket, buy a ticket for the lawn and enjoy. Full Summer schedule included here
- Del Mar Racetrack: Opening Day is July 19, so get your finest suit, biggest hat and bets ready. The Del Mar Races are a fun way to get outside, to enjoy a fun environment and to watch a thrilling race.
- Rent a boat, or Jet Skis…. Or both: Do you have a need for speed? Head over to Harbor Island to Speed Boat Adventures for a 90-minute tour that allows you to sightsee, while zipping around the bay. Instead of driving OVER the Coronado Bridge, you’ll get to enjoy sightseeing from under the bridge.
- Snorkel with sharks: Grab your goggles, fins and desire for adventure and drive on over to La Jolla Shores. Leopard Sharks are overly prevalent in the area, but don’t worry- they are harmless despite growing up to 6ft long. Along with sharks, you’ll be near seals and plenty of fish.
- Attend an outdoor play: Located in beautiful Balboa Park, The Lowell Davies Festival Theater hosts a great concert series that will take you back in time, and make you feel as if you are right in the middle of the action. The Summer series is from July-September.