At PLNU there are not a lot of opportunities to dance besides events on campus and the one or two clubs like Turning Point, Stomp Line Dance Club or Swing Club. So here are a list of places to go in San Diego if you want to get your groove on.
- Like to line dance? Well take a car and drive to In Cahoots (21+). They’re open Tuesday through Sunday.
Address: 5373 Mission Center Rd.
Price: varies on night
Hours: Tuesday – Friday 5 p.m. – 2 a.m. and Saturday – Sunday 6 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- And if you’re not 21, get a group and go to Stampede in Temecula.
Address: 28721 Old Town Front St.
Price: $7.50 before 7pm and $15 after, Thursdays $3, and Mondays free
Hours: Monday, Friday, and Saturday 6 p.m. – 1:30 a.m. and Thursday 8 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
- If line dancing is not your thing, check out Champion Ballroom in downtown San Diego Friday nights.
Address: 3580 5th Ave.
Price: Friday $7 for dancing all night long, bring a partner, $49 special for two private classes and one group class
Hours: Friday 8 p.m. – 10 p.m., Monday through Saturday for lessons and times vary
- And if you’re looking for structured dancing, then check out Culture Shock right in PLNU’s backyard. They offer hip hop to burlesque, if that’s your style.
Address: 2110 Hancock St., #200
Price: $15 for a drop in class, $7.50 for hip hop on Friday nights
Hours: 6:30 p.m. is the class for half off, other classes are Monday – Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Want to try something on the edge? Then a Cirque class at Flip Force San Diego is on the list. This is the class with the arial chiffon (a cloth hanging from the ceiling) that you flip around on.
Address: 9282 Miramar Rd.
Price: $82 for an entire season (6 months), must contact if you want to drop in
Hours: Monday, Thursday – Saturday, other classes are available throughout the week
- Perhaps dancing is not really your thing, but stretching is. Try a class at Core Power Yoga! They offer everything from hot yoga to sculpting.
Address: 3555 Rosecrans St.
Price: First week is free, then $20 per class or $95 for five
Hours: Sunday – Saturday 6 a.m.-7 p.m.