Kevin Faulconer, won the mayoral special election on Feb. 12 against David Alvarez. He will be sworn in on March 3 to fulfill the last 33 months of ex-mayor Bob Filner who resigned due to accusations of sexual harassment. Here are five facts that you should know about San Diego’s new mayor.
1) He is of the Republican party.
2) He went to San Diego State University to earn his degree in Political Science.
3) Before election, he served for eight years on the San Diego City Council for District two which includes the Point Loma area.
4) One of his biggest concerns has been investing in all neighborhoods to “ensure that every neighborhood receives it’s fair share of community funding and that no community in San Diego gets left behind.”
5) He has a wife and two children and they live in Point Loma.