The following is written by Bronson Bowdich, president of the PLNU College Republicans. Content was edited for length, taste, grammar and clarity. Readers are encouraged to do their own in-depth research on all political information listed and not rely solely on the summary provided by Bowdich.
The Republican Party — What they stand for and who to vote for in the 2020 presidential election:
The values of the Republican Party stem from their beliefs in the individual freedoms of every American citizen, regardless of race, faith, nationality or gender. The focus of the GOP is to bolster the power of the U.S. military, take a “hands off” view of businesses and institutions, strengthen our borders, lower taxes, offer Americans the right to choose their path in life and shrink the power of the federal government. The Republican party’s policies are based on morality and widely accepted proper ethical practices. Republicans have a deep love of country and are proud of the achievements the U.S. has accomplished.
What President Trump and the GOP accomplished for the American people since the 2016 election:
Military and Foreign Policy:
- Created the sixth military branch, the United States Space Force.
- Brokered peace between many nations (North Korea and South Korea, Israel and the UAE).
- Strengthened our borders to combat illegal immigration and human and drug trafficking.
- Lowered taxes on Americans and organizations while cutting harmful regulations.
- Developed the U.S. into a world energy supplier.
- Reached an all-time low in unemployment for African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans and women.
Executive Orders and Other Accomplishments:
- Assembled one of the most diverse and talented cabinets in the history of our nation.
- Signed executive orders regarding substantial police reform.
- Signed executive orders and laws regarding sweeping prison reform.
Looking Toward the Next Four Years
- Create 10 million new jobs in 10 months.
- Enact fair trade deals that protect American jobs.
- Enact “Made in America” tax credits.
- Expand Opportunity Zones.
- Develop a vaccine by the end of 2020.
- Make all critical medicines and supplies for healthcare workers in the U.S.
- Refill stockpiles and prepare for future pandemics.
End U.S. reliance on China
- Bring back 1 million manufacturing jobs from China.
- Allow 100% expensing deductions for essential industries like pharmaceuticals and robotics who bring their manufacturing back to the U.S.
- Hold China accountable for allowing the virus to spread around the world.
- Cut prescription drug prices.
- Lower healthcare insurance premiums.
- Cover all pre-existing conditions.
- Provide world-class healthcare and services for U.S. veterans.
- Provide school choice to every child in America.
- Teach American exceptionalism.
“Drain the swamp”
- Pass congressional term limits.
- Take on international organizations that hurt American citizens.
Defend our police
- Fully fund and hire more police and law enforcement officers.
- Increase criminal penalties for assaults on law enforcement officers..
- Bring violent extremist groups like ANTIFA to justice
End illegal immigration & protect American workers
- Block illegal immigrants from becoming eligible for taxpayer-funded welfare, healthcare and free college tuition.
- Mandate deportation for non-citizen gang members and end sanctuary cities to restore our neighborhoods and protect our families.
- Dismantle human trafficking networks.
Innovate for the future
- Send the first manned mission to Mars.
- Build the world’s greatest infrastructure system, win the race to 5G and establish a national high-speed wireless internet network.
- Partner with other nations to clean up our planet’s oceans.
America First foreign policy
- Wipe out global terrorists who threaten to harm Americans.
- Build a great cybersecurity defense system and missile defense system.
For more information, visit the Trump campaign website.
Written by: Bronson Bowdich