1. Terms. If you choose to use www.LomaBeat.com (the “Site”), the www.LomaBeat.com mobile sites and applications, any of the features of this site, you will be agreeing to abide by all of the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service between you and the Site (“us” or “we”).
2. Modifications. We may change, add or remove portions of these Terms of Service at any time, which shall become effective immediately upon posting. It is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service prior to each use of the Site and by continuing to use this Site, you agree to any changes. Tour continued use of the services now, or following the posting of notice of any changes in these operating rules, will indicate acceptance by you of such rules, changes, or modifications. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability.
3. Copyright. The contents of the Services, including the Site, are intended for your personal, noncommercial use. All materials published on the Services (including, but not limited to news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the “Content”) are protected by copyright, and owned or controlled by the Site or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
4. Objectionable activity. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your account, at our sole discretion, and we may refer you to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
5. User Generated Content. You shall not upload to, or distribute or otherwise publish on to the Services any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise illegal material. You agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account will violate, plagiarize, or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful material. You are solely responsible for the content of your Submissions. However, while the Site does not and cannot review every Submission and is not responsible for the content of these messages, the Site reserves the right to delete, move, or edit Submissions that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable. By making a Submission, you are consenting to its display and publication on the Site and in the Services and for related online and offline promotional uses.
6. Language. You agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse others, use defamatory language, or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or “spam.” You agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the Services.
7. Commercial material. You shall not, without the express approval of the Site, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services.
8. Use of submissions. You grant the Site a perpetual, nonexclusive, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable license to the Submissions, which includes without limitation the right for the Site or any third party it designates, to use, copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, modify and adapt (including without limitation the right to adapt to streaming, downloading, broadcast, mobile, digital, thumbnail, scanning or other technologies) in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed, any Submission posted by you on or to the Services, including any Submission posted on or to the Services through a third party.
9. Reviews Any person involved in or affiliated with the production of a work reviewed on the Site or elsewhere in the Services may not submit a Readers’ Review for that work or competing works.
10. Links. The Services contain links to other related sites, resources, and advertisers. Since we are not responsible for the availability of these outside resources, or their contents, you should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the site administrator or Webmaster of such site.
11. Age. By using this website, you are acknowledging that you are at least 16 years old.
This Site is offered and made available only to users 16 years of age or older who reside in the United States of America, its territories and possessions. Some features on this Site (related to user registration, newsletter signups, etc) may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements. If you are not yet 16 years old or the required greater age for certain features, do not reside in the U.S. and/or do not meet any other eligibility requirements, please discontinue using the Site immediately or, if for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, please discontinue using the Site immediately.
12. Endorsements. The Site does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the Services by any user, information provider or any other person or entity. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk.
13. We reserve the right at any time to charge fees for access to portions of the Services or the Services as a whole. However, in no event will you be charged for access to the Services unless we obtain your prior agreement to pay such charges. We will give you advance notice of such fees.
15. Software. You shall have no rights to the proprietary software and related documentation, or any enhancements or modifications thereto, provided to you in order to access the Services or Software. You may not sublicense, assign or transfer any licenses granted by the Site. You may make one copy of such software for archival purposes only. You may not otherwise copy, distribute, modify, reverse engineer, or create derivative works from Software.
16. The Site may terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any reason, including, without limitation, breach or assignment of these Terms of Service.
17. Reporting Violations. You agree to report any copyright violations of the Terms of Service to the Site as soon as you become aware of them. In the event you have a claim of copyright infringement with respect to material that is contained in the NYTimes.com service, please notify the site.