Parking on campus has always been one of the most consistent complaints at PLNU. Let’s be real; everyone just wants to park in the Commuter Lot. If a student comes after a certain time, they will most likely be circling campus for a while. Finding parking on campus can be like trying to find parking at the mall on the weekends. Yeah, that’s why we don’t even try. But in case you do, here are five ways you can find parking on campus.
1. Arrive at least an hour early if your class is between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. because the commuter garage will most likely be full. It can take up to at least a half hour to wait for someone to leave and park.
2. Arrive before 8:00 a.m. (I know it’s early), but the commuter garage starts getting full after this time. Take it from a guy that has class at 7:25 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
3. Drive past Fermanian and Flex and park on the steep hill. I know what you are thinking, it’s a long walk and it can be for some, but try to think of it as an exercise. I have arrived between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. and have always found parking on the steep hill.
4. If you have night class, arrive after 2:00 p.m.and find parking in the commuter garage.
5. Call someone to save you a spot. If you know someone that is leaving soon, ask them to save you a spot with their car until you get there.