In the spirit of theatre and the opening of “Dr. Faustus,” here are some things that may or may not cross the mind of the performers you see onstage.
1. What’s my first line?
2. Where are my props?
3. Did I turn off the curling iron upstairs?
4. Is the other actor in place?
5. I should not have had that Cali burrito right before the show.
6. Are my pants on the right way?
7. Please don’t let me sweat profusely.
8. Is there lipstick on my teeth?
9. I need to go to the bathroom.
10. My friends better not be sitting in the front row.
11. I hope we have a large audience tonight.