People are honest, especially when they think nobody is listening. Nothing shows PLNU’s colors more than these eavesdropped conversations. Do a little eavesdropping yourself by including #overheardatloma on a tweet or tweeting @OverheardatLOMA.
1. When #overheardatloma showed us our true priorities.
2. It reminded us how hard the daily struggles are at Loma
3. And again…
4. And again…
UGH WE CAN’T EVEN.
5. It showed us that the most important position on campus is the one you don’t even know about.
We’re all left wondering who would fill this position…
6. When it was honest and basically said what is on everyone’s mind ALL THE TIME.
And all the Psychology majors nod their heads and begin mumbling about Freud.
7. When #overheardatloma reminded us that dancing has only been Loma Legal for two years and most of us are still getting used to the idea.
8. It gave us a platform to be honest about our faith in our native tongue.
9. Like REALLY honest about our faith.
10. Like all true art, it left us with questions, like “What was this person trying to do?!”
Now we all want to know about your secret skills, Guinness-Book-of-World-Records person.
11. When it illuminated the fact that guys do have girl problems on a campus two-thirds female.
Shout out to the ladies who are looking for a few more fish in the Loma sea.
12. It was the cry of the Loma rebels in their prime. *
14. And again.
Everyone who has owned a car and tried to park on this campus has thought the same thing. #rebelsunite
15. One does not simply love the Kardashians… Loma actually hired him to teach history .
16. When it spelled out the only two thoughts a senior has right now: Senioritis struggles.
17. And the classical Ring-by-Spring dilemma.
Point Loma – a very expensive single’s mixer disguised as a university.
18. Sometimes #overheardatloma just reminded us that we are all just Basic Lomans…
19. The Basic Loman strikes again.
UGH WE JUST CAN’T EVEN… AGAIN.
20. The greatest struggle of a Basic Loman is trying to decide between Starbucks or Pete’s.
21. All jokes aside, #overheardatloma also showed us some of the ignorance that needs to be addressed on campus.
22. Like this…
23. Not only with understanding each other racially, but with feminism.
24. It did unite us in familiar beliefs, however. Like how much running sucks.
And all the Exercise Science majors shake their heads and begin mumbling about body fat percentages.
25. And how those Gen Ed Old Testament classes make you learn ridiculous things, like the difference between the Philippines and the Philistines.
26. It dared us to live life on the edge.
27. Sometimes we could admit that what you’re looking for in a school might not be at Loma, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t find it at any of the other San Diego universities.
We’re just kidding SDSU. Please don’t kick us out of your cool parties.
28. It gave us a voice to express our most secret desires.
If you were a trophy wife you could afford to live on the beach in a beautiful place like Southern California! Oh wait…
29. But most of all #overheardatloma reminded us that we all care about each other enough to at least listen in on each other’s conversations.
* All Twitter posts are student generated and their validity cannot be confirmed or denied by Loma Beat